When I last left, I was holding a rather daunting pile of wound yarn. Well, I knit and I knit and I hoped and I hoped, and now the Mr. has a new sweater. I was lucky that the gauge was exactly the same as what I was trying to copy, so I just got out my crayons and graph paper, copied the patten from the photo onto the graph paper, and followed directions.


It’s a simple raglan, and I took measurements from a sweater that he has that fits to get the chest measurement, arm length, etc.


The original didn’t worry about making a coherent pattern around the raglan decreases, so neither did I, and it worked out just fine.


Overall, I’m very happy with it. It fits, it is the right color, it is the right pattern, and most importantly, the Mr. loves it. So yeah me!!


And so now I’m back to my Wallace and Grommet. Which is to say, still in my jammies with a sweater that has no sleeves and comes down to my belly button and strings hanging off the side. But no matter. But with any luck in a week or so, it will be more presentable. It won’t be getting sleeves, so really it’s just sleeve cuffs and another few inches of pattern. So I have that going for me.



Rosamunds Sweater

Finally had some time to finish up a few things this morning, since there was nothing planned for once. I had some hook and eye closures to sew onto my newest sweater, and labels to sew onto this and the previous two sweaters. (Yes, I have labels.)


So here is my latest sweater. I’ll just say, a stranger (who I suspect is my neighbor, I really ought to introduce myself next time) complemented it on our way out to photo shoot. This is exciting since no one who doesn’t know I knit ever does that, which I suspect suggests that it looks like I bought it. Score!


Rosamunds Cardigan
from Interweave Knits Fall 2009
Yarn – 13 Mile Farm yarn in Hawkweed, bought on vacation in Bozeman Mt this summer
Started – 9/11/10, finished 10/24/10
Size 4,5, and 6 needles (don’t ask)
Used somewhere between 900 and 1000 yds
LOVE it!

The buttons are from an antique shop in Newburyport, Ma.



It’s very warm and cozy, and different from what I have already. I don’t usually wear short sleeve sweaters, since if I’m wearing a sweater, chances are I’m cold, and I probably want sleeves. Plus, I would have been left with 1.5 skeins and I’m doing my best not to be left with random bits of yarn, since I never know what to do with it. So I added sleeves. If I did it again, I’d make the top portion above the arms a little longer, maybe half an inch, and I added about 3″ to the length. I’d move the waist shaping down a bit (you can’t really tell, but it puts my waist about 2″ higher than it really is), but on the whole I think it’s pretty good.

Following this trend, I’m going to try and make the purple yarn I have be an Estes Not-Vest Cardigan, I’ve seen it done a few times well on Ravelry, and I’m interested in trying a short row sleeve cap.